How to Show the Lede and Hide the Body
The “Insert More Tag” does the trick. On a long post, you’ll want the first graph or so to show on your home page along with a “Continue Reading »” link to the body of your post (See your Jan. 11 post). This keeps the home page from getting longer than a Costa Rican alligator. Here’s how: (1) Type in your post. (2) Put your cursor on it’s neck. (3) Find the icon for “Insert More” in the top row of editing icons, 4th from the right. (4) Click it.
That will separate the head from the body, as you will see when you view your home page. You can delete the IM tag and put it in another place if you decide you dissected incorrectly.
How to Paste from Word into your Blog Post
- Get ready to make a New Post.
- Go to your Word text and copy it.
- Go back to Blog editing and click the “Paste from Word” icon (a W on top of a clipboard).
- Paste your text into the window that opens. Carry on sensibly.
How to change your BlogName and TagLine (not in Kansas)
Click My Dashboard. At the bottom left, click Setting. Change the top 2 settings. Save.
To Get to Your Blog Home Page (when lost in editing):
Click on “Joanna Biggar’s Blog” up top somewhere.
To Login: Come here to the Help page and click: LOG ME IN . . . (If it makes you try again and again, you are logged in.) Or, goto your home page, and click login under Meta in the right sidebar. Username = jobiggar.
How to add a post:
Be Logged In. 1. Click on “New Post” at the very top leftish. 2. Type something in the main window. 3. Click “Publish” button over at the right.
How to change your “Theme” (decor):
1. Click “New Post” at the very top leftish. 2. Click “Appearance” on the left about 4th from the bottom. (If they don’t show, click “Theme” under “Appearance” or try again.) 3. Now goof around. It won’t hurt. You can go back to your old one. It just changes decor not content.
How to Change What’s in the Sidebar: Look under “Widgets.” Add to Blogroll under “Links,” not widgets.